Friday, August 24, 2012

Quick Look: My Skincare Routine

 
Hi girlies! Taking care of your skin is sooo important! Read on to learn what I do for healthy, glowing skin.


Skincare Routine:
 
Everyday: I wash my face with Yes to Cucumbers Gentle Milk Cleanser, twice a day: right when I wake up, and right before I head to bed. It's definitely my favorite cleanser ever. It's super inexpensive, at $8.99 and it definitely does the job. Right away, I feel refreshed and I usually just take a couple minutes to rub it into my skin with my fingertips. It makes my face feel extremely clean and soft, and it smells great, too! Find it here.



About Twice a Week: I use a salt water mask. I do morning or night, depending on when I have extra time that day. (To make, use 1 cup of warm water [heated in the microwave for 15-30 seconds], and half a teaspoon of salt. Mix them together and put it in a glass jar to save. It takes about a month to use the whole cup of salt water, for me.) I take two cotton pads and stretch them out into ovals, being careful not to rip them. One is cut into half ovals, and the other one is left whole. Next, I pour some of the pre-made salt water in the cap of the jar, placing the cotton pads in the water. After they've been soaked through, I put them on my face (rinse or wash with a cleanser beforehand), the whole pad on my forehead, a half my nose, and the other other half on my chin (round side up seems to make it stay better). After 10-15 minutes, I take them off, squeeze them out and wipe the excess salt water off my face. Then, I either rinse or wash the salt water off.

It's a great way for bringing down pimples.


Once in a While: Sometimes, when I have a big pimple on my face, and I want it gone ASAP, I'll dab a little bit of toothpaste on it and then go to sleep. In the morning, I'll rinse it off and then wash my face.

REMEMBER: ALWAYS, ALWAYS DRINK WATER!!!

I've started to really monitor my water intake and I can deffinitely see a difference in my skin!


Hope you enjoyed reading. Tell me what you're skincare routine is in the comments below!

-Anna, xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment