Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Good Eats: Chocolate Peanut Butter Covered Chex or Muddy Buddies

 
 
Hey guys! I wanted to share with you a recipe that I love to make! It's super fast and easy!


I heard about this recipe a few years ago, and I was really obsessed with it. For a couple of weeks, I would constantly be snacking on it. I don't know why, but I stopped eating it for awhile, but I recently started making it again. There are so many variations of it, but here's mine:

What You'll Need:

-Chex cereal (or any cereal that looks like it. I've used an off-brand the last couple of times and it still worked great)
-Chocolate chips (I used Nestle Toll House Semisweet Morsels)
-Peanut Butter (I used Skippy Peanut Butter Extra Chunky, but you don't have to use chunky peanut butter if you don't want to)
-Bowls
-Spoons


Fill a bowl of Chex Mix about half way. It can be as little or as much as you want, depending on how much you want to make.
In another bowl (a small one preferably), pour in chocolate and spoon in peanut butter. You can decide how much of each, depending on if you want it more chocolate-y or more peanut
butter-y. (If you want, you can also add some butter so it'll be smoother and thinner, but I personally don't, just to save myself some calories.) Put it in the microwave for 10-15 seconds, take it out and stir it around. Repeat this step until everything is melted. Taste a little to see if you want to add anything. If you do, just add it in and stir. The heat of everything should melt it without needing extra heat from the microwave.

Pour the chocolate and peanut butter mixture over the Chex and stir it together with a spatula. I usually add half first and then mix together, before adding the rest.

Now, there's a couple different things you could do now. You could either put about a cup of powdered sugar into a gallon bag and dump the chex in there, close and shake it around. This will seperate them so they don't stick together.

What I do however, is just dump them on a large plate. I take two spoons or two forks and go one by one and seperate them all from each other. I put in the freezer for about 10 minutes before taking it out and seperating them again. 10 more minutes in the freezer, and I put them all in a small container and put in the fridge or eat.

I love love love this snack!!! Let me know if you tried it! If you did, what did you do? Did you do it differently? How do you like it?! LET ME KNOW! I'D LOVE TO READ YOUR COMMENTS!!!

-Anna, xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment